100 hour training
Offered by Erin Royal of Barefoot Works and Erin Smith of theOMplace
Calm. Connected. Compassionate. Certified.
- Deepen your understanding of mindfulness
- Expand your personal mindfulness practice
- Feel confident in teaching mindfulness to others
- Understand how to teach safely using trauma-informed practices
- Be able to add a mindfulness qualification to your resume
What You’ll Learn:
- What mindfulness is. What it isn’t.
- Origins of mindfulness
- The science and application of breath
- Interoception: cultivating awareness and using anchors
- How to guide meditation: breath, body scan, sound, thoughts, and emotions
- How to guide a trauma-informed nidra practice
- The biology and psychology of stress
- Mindfulness and stress reactivity
- Your brain on mindfulness: neuroplasticity
- Trauma-Informed practices to keep your students safe
- Somatics and mindfulness: yoga, walking, shaking, tapping, etc.
- Fascia and the nervous system
- Cultivating compassion: Loving Kindness Meditation
- Mindfulness in everyday life
- Adapting practices for special populations: anxiety, depression, teens, addiction, chronic pain
- Understanding and navigating the nervous system and relationships through the lens of the polyvagal theory
What To Expect:
- Science. From the brain to lungs to the vagus nerve, you will get to know the nervous system intimately.
- Stillness. Expect two 20-minute meditation practices every day, some guided and some to cultivate personal insight. A daily meditation practice on your own is expected.
- Movement. Each day will include somatic experiencing, from gentle yoga to fascia rolling to neurogenic tremoring.
- Silence. We will spend an entire day in deep contemplation, sometimes moving and sometimes being still. This day will include mindful eating, mindful walking on the beautiful hiking trails on theOMplace studio grounds, and other guided mindfulness experiences.
- Journaling. Writing prompts to cultivate insight will be utilized.
Who It Is For:
- Mental health practitioners
- Educators interested in bringing sustainable SEL practices to their schools
- Yoga teachers interested in offering safe, trauma-informed classes
- Corporate managers looking to improve workplace climate and job retention
- Professionals looking to improve their leadership skills
- Caregivers at risk of compassion fatigue, secondary trauma, and burnout
- Anyone with a high stress job or lifestyle
- Athletic directors and/or coaches
Yoga Tune-Up Ball Set
Practicing Mindfulness: 75 Essential Meditations to Reduce Stress, Improve Mental Health, and Find Peace in the Everyday by Michael Sockolov
Dates and Location for 2024:
80 hours in-person
20 hours experiential (personal practice and reading)
Barefoot Works, Chinoe Drive Lexington, KY
the OM place, Quisenberry Lane, Winchester, KY
The best of both worlds! Barefoot is conveniently located near great restaurants, shopping, and hotels. the OM place is located half an hour away in the rolling hills of horse country, on ten acres of field and forest. Both are 10-15 minutes from I-64 and I-65.
($200 deposit, $500 payment due each training weekend)
$2000 if paid in full at time of enrollment
It is also our mission is to foster health, equanimity, and unity by collectively engaging in practices that actively make space for diversity in the Central Kentucky wellness community. We offer two diversity scholarships for those who identify as being a part of an under-represented and under-resourced group within the mindfulness community. The purpose of the scholarship is to amplify and empower underrepresented voices within that community. Being deeply committed to the truth that diversity is a blessing, a richness, and a strength, the Diversity Scholarship helps the OM place and Barefoot Works live out their ally commitment. Each scholarship offers a 50% tuition of $1000 with payment plans available.
To apply, please email us a 200-500 word explanation outlining why you would be a good candidate for this scholarship and how you plan to use your individualizing talents to share mindfulness in your area. Please use the subject line: Diversity Scholarship TIMFC 2023 entry.
You will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving your entry to let you know if you have been awarded the scholarship. Good luck!